Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Pre-V Day

I had a great weekend. The weather was mild. ACC Basketball was on. Al and I watched some games. I cooked some great tasting food.

And he and I talked. We discussed a lot of things that have been going on with us and came to some conclusions--that we love each other deeply. And no problem was too difficult to overcome. He made me cry, because I never thought he would ever get on 'that' level of intimacy--the level where you can open up and say what matters without fear of rejection or fear of revealing too much of your soul. He did.

I called him on my way to work this morning to say hi and to see how he was feeling. His diverticulitis was acting up last night. He asked what I wanted for Valentine's Day. I told him that I already had it. I had him and I had love. That's all I wanted.
We said some mushy stuff to each other and then hung up.

But it's true. I know Valentine's Day is the day to proclaim your love to others. But shouldn't every day be like this... I think so.

No comments: