Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Clearing the Skies

This morning my brother and I went to breakfast. It was very cloudy and gray. I was afraid it would be like this all day but in the last few hours the clouds and mist were burned off by the sun, shining so brightly. I'm glad. Have to drive to Fayetteville after work and hate to do it in messy weather.

Feel bad for a friend of mine who got word today that the girl he was madly in love with over a year ago had gotten married this past weekend. He wrote me about it. It's always awkward when you hear news like that...you can't help but feel some sort of sorrow because that's a chapter in your life that's closed now. He said "Well, Happy Valentine's to me!" when he heard the news. I told him not to let it ruin his day. That is was her lost that she didn't realize the gem she held.

There's always a special place in your heart for old loves. And if the love is meant to be, it will return. I know this for a fact.

No comments: