Friday, December 15, 2006

All these things...

should make me hap...py..e

(Still singing the Nip Tuck finale song)

Well... Got a moment and I decided to drop by and write. Instead of answering email that I've neglected all week.

The thumb is better... though at night it aches. I'm probably doing to much. Yesterday and today I've battled a migraine. I wonder if it's not a combination of stress and sinus pressure. And Dad's excessive cigarette smoking. He's been told by 3 doctors to quit and won't. I don't understand that. And when I say his smoking bothers me, he gets pissed and says it's in my mind. I digress...it's in my LUNGS.

We've had crazy weather. In the upper 70's and low 80's during the day and freezing at night. Today some guy made fun of the weather by wearing a white tee and yellow shorts. It's warm but there's still a chill in the shadows....

Got most of my shopping done. Have to pick up a few more things but I know what I want to get...I think that's the hardest part, trying to figure out what to get people. Plus I have to do my dad and brother's shopping, too.

The nephews are enjoying the season. I told both of them that if they don't behave for me or Nana, I'm taking away a present and replacing it with goat cheese. So far they're behaving...though William said, "Goat cheese sounds interesting." So I may have to come up with a backup plan.

Ben straightened out my confusion over Jack Frost and Santa (re the Santa Clause 3 movie). It seems Santa only comes to visit one night...Jack Frost comes every night it freezes. Thanks Ben for the clarification.

And Sarah Hb... you mentioned in a comment on the Resoluiton post that anything and alcohol = breakable.. I have to agree...even hearts.

I've been thinking how lucky I've been this year. Surrounded by love, family and good friends--online and in real life. That's got to account for something.

No comments: