Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Fizzle of the Caribbean (spoiler alert)

Went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: World's End (#3)... and left out of the theatre, saying to the ticket taker guy, "The ending sucks eggs, dude." He said, "I'm just the ticket guy. Not the writer."

All that hype about Keith Richards playing Jack's dad...and he's on for about 5 mins or so, and acts subdued. Didn't he do his homework???? His makeup gave him a doughboy face. I was disappointed.

There were a lot of moments when I laughed out loud, and there were some great fight scenes...and some shocking moments, like at the beginning with the gallows scene. At one time there was a Mexican standoff where even the monkey had a gun... now that was priceless. I guess if I have to give it a grade it would be a B-. Too many subplots, too much betrayal and some personal agendas that seemed pointless most of the time...

Surprisingly it seemed to be Keira Knightley's movie...I'll stop there... I'm about to write waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

All I can say for now...is that if there is a 4th, they need to get better writers.

No comments: